40 Dulin Dr. SW Concord NC 28027 US
A Useful Carpet Care Guide
Cleaning up spills doesn’t have to be hard, you just have to act quickly enough. These tips and simple procedures can help guide you in how to correctly handle a spill on your carpet in order to ensure you don’t accidentally do further damage.
Key things to remember:
- Never use all purpose spray cleaners, bleach, or alkaline detergents, as these will damage your carpeting.
- Before applying anything, try to identify the source of the stain, as different stains require different procedures.
- Always pretest an inconspicuous area of your carpet with any cleaning solution you plan to use to ensure that it doesn't damage your carpet
- Never overwet your carpet with any cleaning solution.
- Always use clean, white materials to blot up the stain or cleaner, and never rub the carpet as it can damage the fibers and spread the stain.
In Case of Minor Spills
1. Using white absorbent cloth or paper towels, blot up or scoop up as much of the spill as possible. Never rub. Rubbing can alter the texture of the carpet.
2. Apply (without over wetting) clean, warm (not hot) water to stained area. Blot up firmly to remove as much moisture as possible. Repeat until there’s no stain or no further transfer of stain.
3. If stain remains on carpet, apply (without overwetting) a solution of warm water and mild non-bleach liquid laundry detergent (1 teaspoon to 1 quart water). Clear mild dishwashing liquid, without additives like hand softeners or scents, is also ok. Let stand for about 5 mins.
4. IMPORTANT STEP: Blot up the detergent, Then apply clear warm water. Blot up water. Once again apply clear warm water, then blot up. Repeat until all detergent is removed. Detergent residue accelerates resoling!
5. Absorb remaining moisture with layers of white paper towels weighted down overnight with a non-staining glass or ceramic object.
6. When completely dry, vacuum or brush the pile to restore texture. After drying, if the stain reappears it may be because some of the stain remained deep in the pile and “wick'd” up to the surface. If so, repeat steps 3 to 6.
* If the stain remains, give us a call
704 891 1958